High ankle socks have become a subtle statement fashion piece for women. It is an essential piece of clothing for 2020 after the bubble skirt, Mary Jane shoes, and dad shirts. It is a must for women who like fashion (well, who doesn’t) to have in their wardrobe. It is everywhere from runway show to wardrobe staple of celebrities.
The fashion accessory, socks, can make your outfit look polished. This tiny accessory looks best with any fashion like street style, classic, casual, or cocktails. Add a retro look or a pop of color to your outfit just by adding a pair of socks with it. Have a look at the reasons why the non-show loafer or ankle socks are getting replaced by a slight high ankle one.
- It is a fashion trend which is acknowledged by most of the celebrities.
- It looks high-end with a midi skirt and a pair of loafer socks.
- They are all over the runway shows (both spring and fall).
- Adds a pop to your monochrome or neutral-colored outfit.
- They are easy to style both casually and occasionally.
- Try on lace, sheer, or pointelle socks for styling them with sandals during the summer season.
- Don’t forget about styling them with leggings.
- A pair of cropped jeans look stunning with these slight high ankle socks.
Different types of ankle socks available in the market
This trend is helping in creating many statement styles, but the only thing is that you must understand how to pair them with shoes. Matching them in a color-coordinated and style relevant way is the crucial factor. Here is a small guide of types of socks and tips for styling the socks.
- Fishnet socks
- Fishnet high ankle socks are a perfect match for jeans and trainers.
- Black high ankle fishnet socks are a must-have accessory to add a glamorous touch to your outfits like a cropped black trouser and black stiletto court shoes.
- You can also go for colored high ankle fishnet socks to add a comfy, fun, and relax vibe to your casual outfits like a summer dress or skinny jeans and tee.
- Micro net socks and whale net socks are the two types of fishnet socks perfect to finish your look.
- Ruffled high ankle socks
- Ruffled ankle socks are mostly available in polka dots, faces, glitter, or patterned.
- It is a perfect go-to sock for strappy or peep-toe heels for a daytime or evening outfit.
- Make sure to coordinate the colors of your shoes and socks according to your outfit to give a polished look.
Both the above types of socks are perfect to wear under a straight leg trouser along with court heels, or you can also try them under culottes with a pair of sandals. If you want to create a sassy office look, you must try wearing them with pencil skirts and strappy platform heels.
Socks are the most underrated piece of accessory which if not considered, can make your outfit look Blah! Thus, stay with the trend and learn to style this wardrobe staple always to look trendy yet polished.